There are some tips below that may help you. Feel free to contact us for help if you need it. Someone is available at 682-5657 during UNR Library hours, or you can send us an email using the form linked from the Help page.
1) Try refining your search through the facets on the left side of the results screen. For example, if you're looking for a print book, limit your results to "Book / eBook" and the location "Knowledge Center." This will find print books located in the Knowledge Center. If you want just ebooks, limit your results to "Book / eBook" and "Items with full text online."
2) If you are searching for an exact title, try putting the title in quotes to initiate a phrase search that will search for the precise phrase you have entered.
"The Sun Also Rises" will search for that exact phrase, whereas key in just the string of words will search for the words as keywords in any combination.
3) Try using some of the Advanced Search features. (Advanced Search tips)
4) Try the Library Catalog with its traditional indexes and search fields. (This option will not include any articles.)
5) Try specialized databases in your subject area, especially for in depth research in particular fields. (See A-Z Databases List for your subject area to find out what databases are available.)
The library may not own or have access to a specific item you are looking for. If you have specific title information, you can request an item through Interlibrary Loan or Document Delivery using Link+ or ILLiad. (There is no charge for UNR library users.) More information on these services is available here.
If you found a citation in OneSearch and clicked through the "check availability" link, your request can be passed through directly to ILLiad, using the "Request" button.