Alumni have limited rights because of our license agreements with information vendors. As a Community Borrower (no charge for Alumni) you are eligible to check-out 10 books at a time from our collections. Accessing online journal articles requires a NetID and password to login. Only currently enrolled students, staff and faculty at UNR are issued this.
1. Visit the library in person. Bring a laptop so you can connect to UNR's Guest Wireless. This will allow you access to most of the library databases. Once you are on the Guest network, you may start your research with these guides found here: http://guides.library.unr.edu/guides
2. Affiliate yourself with the University by taking a one credit class which will make you eligible for a NetID and password and remote access.
3. Adjunct faculty have the ability to access online resources remotely, but they must have official adjunct status - the department will need to put the official paperwork through the University's HR system.
4. Redfield Campus has wireless access. You have the ability to go to the UNR building on the Redfield campus and access them there. You will need to bring your own device (laptop, tablet, etc.) and will be able to access the UNR-GUEST network. While connected to that network you will be able to access most of UNR's online databases and journals.
Note: due to our licenses and the authentication requirements, there are a small number of resources that you will not be able to access. Unfortunately this includes the Web of Science database, and most of our E-Books. There are lots of other databases that overlap with the content in Web of Science.
5. Depending on your subject area of research you may want to check out the databases available at the Washoe Public Library or Truckee Meadow Community College. Their focus is geared to their users.
A public library card which would allow you to access their online databases from your home computer. https://www.washoecountylibrary.us/
The guidelines for Truckee Meadows library use can be obtained by calling 775-674-7600 http://www.tmcc.edu/library/